Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Play the Piano by Ear Today - You Want to Play the Piano, So Start Playing It!

Many people, including myself have the bad habit of putting things off. We all do it. I've been guilty of it many times in the past. But if you truly want to learn to play the piano, this is something you should not put off until later. The reason is that later always becomes longer and longer until you look back at things that you wanted to do and never did. If willing to learn, there is someone willing to teach you how to play the piano. When I first started out I would always say "Maybe next month I'll start learning to play the piano." And every month I would say the same exact thing.Nothing happened until I made a conscious decision that today was going to be the day I stopped talking about it and just went for it. That's the only way to see what you made of is just to go for it. Don't worry about failing or not being good or and extreme thought we may have that will deter you from doing. Yes, there may be some work involved but I guarantee you that it will pay off tremendously in the end.Don't be afraid to invest in yourself. I'm not talking about breaking the bank. If it is important to you, then invest in the things that are going to help you achieve your goals on the piano. While there are many free things out there that will offer some good material, eventually you want to get to the meat of things. That cost some money but not a lot. I recommend learning to play the piano by ear. Why? This skill can be applied to any genre, or any other skill that you acquire. Learn this, and you will be a guaranteed piano success. Start playing right now if you have a piano. If you don't have a piano get one and start getting as much knowledge about it as you can. Invest in yourself for a change. Aren't you worth it? You only live once so live to the fullest on the piano and in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment